9 – 1 MECHANICAL STRUCTURE
A welded frame including
- 2 uprights items 1, 1′,
- 1 sale item 2,
- 1 table item 3,
- 1 front plate item 4.
Movable mechanical elements:
- 1 upper beam item 5,
- 1 lower beam item 6,
- 1 front support item 7.
9 – 2 MECHANICAL CONNECTIONS
9 – 2 – 1 UPPER BEAM
The upper beam is supported by ball and socket joints resting on each of the uprights.
Transverse adjustment is made using eight push-pull Mechanisms that also serve to adjust the table
9 – 2 – 2 FRONT SUPPORT
The front support rests on the uprights via ball and socket joints for 80/25, 103 and 125/30
machines, and via jacks for 50112 and 50/20 machines.
9 – 2 – 3 JACKS
The number of jackscrews is:
– 1 on 50/12 and 50/20 machines
– 2 on 80/25 and 103 machines
– 3 on 125/30 machines.
Their functions are to:
– transmit the force needed for bending to the lower beam
– separate the front plate and the front support
– provide lateral guidance for the lower portion of the lower beam.
The jack(s) rest on the front plate and frontsupport via ball and socket joints.
9 – 2 – 4 UPPER GUIDE
The upper guide is designed:
– to separate the front plate and the front support.
– to provide lateral guidance to the upper portion of the lower table.
– to provide the lowermost endstop for the lower table.
9 – 2 – 5 LATERAL GUIDANCE
– it ensures strict parallelism of the lower beam stroke
– to provide a reaction to offset loads.
Lateral guidance is provided:
– by 8 bearings on 50/20 machines,
– by 8 sectors on 80/25, 103 and 125/30.
9 – 2 – 6 TRANSVERSE GUIDANCE
– correspondence between the functional axes of the punches and dies along the lower beam
9 • 3 Y AXIS MECHANISM
The end-of-bending level is obtained by actuating the hydraulic valve (hydraulic back gauge) which
discharges the pump system when bending is completed.
9 – 3 – 1 MANUAL CONTROL
Manual control is done by means of a crank with a graduated vernier on which each division
represents a 0.02 mm penetration of tools.
9 – 3 – 2 MOTOR-ACTUATED CONTROL
Control of this valve can be motor-driven. The motorization consists of a compact assembly
attached to the left upright, instead of the manual control.
- The D.C. motor (item 1) transmits the rotational motion from the pinions (items 2 and 3) to the
screw (item 4). The spacer (item 5) locks the nut (item 6) in place so that it will not turn. The
control rod (item 7) is pushed by the nut.
- Movement of the valve control rod is controlled by the encoder (item 8), which is coupled to the
- The knob (item 9) is used to manually adjust the end-of-bending level.
9. 4. SPEED SEQUENCE
Your press brake is factory-fitted with a speed change device· which changes speeds during
closing. This device consists of a safety element and must be adjusted as a function of the height
of the die and the thickness of the worksheet to be bent. There must be a maximum clearance of 6
mm between the tip of the punch and the worksheet.
An adjusting cam fitted with a locking knob can be accessed through the door located on the lower
right cover of your machine. This door iis key-locking. Raising of the cam determines a lower
sequence level and vice-versa.
- The approach and working speeds are listed in the table of general characteristics. The
adjustment must be made in relation to the height of the tools used and the thickness of the
About Automec, Inc.
If you are having issues with your Press Brake and need a Backgauge Control Upgrade Kit you have come to the right place. Automec is the industry leader in Retrofitting Pressbrakes and Shears.
Our positioning systems consist of a programmable control where the operator enters a dimension and a motorized gauging mechanism automatically moves through a sequence of programmed dimensions. These systems can be retrofitted to press brakes, shears, cut-off saws and punches.